It started with the mail from Me :-).... So finally we meet on 8th Sept 07 after a lot of requests falling for the meet day to be shifted from 1st to 8th.
Here I went to see that the key organizer, Sanjukta is not there. Oh no she is late...
After a quick round of introductions AJ started the meet with what should be in the mailing list. We had a number of views.
- AJ's suggestions was to have different mailing lists
- Ramjee suggested that we have a forum
- Another is that we make rules like
- Do not publicize your own blog.
- Make etiquettes to work with mailing list posts.
- Himanshu's suggestion was to have a number of moderators.
- Have an etiquette for mailing list.
- Make moderators if things go out of hand.
- Only people from the mailing list those who are not having relevant blog.
- No personal blogging
- Only exchange of ideas.
- No empty links
Next on Agenda, NLS meet. Ideas for what to talk about
- Setting up a blog
- Visitor tracking and analysis
- Ethics of blogging
- Indian Laws relevant to blogging
One day workshop sometime later.
Why Wordpress is a bad by AJ.
- Random changes to policies.
- Ads included randomly.
- Sub domains assigned to different people without informing current owners.