I am saying that I'm an autist. But then it sounds funny but it’s true. I am sure that you guys must have read about autism being induced by TV in the news (on TV). Still guys let me give you some intro to this disease. Heres what Webster’s have to say about it
: a variable developmental disorder that appears by age three
and is characterized by impairment of the ability to form normal social
relationships, by impairment of the ability to communicate with others,
and by stereotyped behavior patterns
- au·tis·tic /o-'tis-tik/ adjective or noun
- au·tis·ti·cal·ly /-ti-k(&-)lE/ adverb
A psychiatric disorder of childhood characterized by marked deficits in
communication and social interaction, preoccupation with fantasy,
language impairment, and abnormal behavior, such as repetitive acts and
excessive attachment to certain objects. It is usually associated with
au·tis-tic (-tik) adj. & n.
So now let me list some characteristics of this disease.
- It affects children (Sadly I am no more one, but still I believe that I am one at heart. So I qualify)
- Communication and social interaction disorder (Hey man I am blogging about some useless thing... I am on orkut....I am on gazzag.....I am on yahoo360......But I hate myspace......This is odd....on top of it I also do not know the names of the 20 odd people staying in my apartment. I am not able to communicate properly and social interaction is weird)
- stereotyped behavior patterns ( hey I don’t know what these guys are talking of)
- preoccupation with fantasy (I love to fantasize a lot of things.....like being the next Bill Gates or Rambo...Ya sometimes I also think of being Linus Travolds)
- language impairment ( My language marks throughout my schooling talks volumes of it as does this blog)
- abnormal behavior, such as repetitive acts and excessive attachment to certain objects ( Man I just keep blogging and posting the same scraps to all friends on orkut....I just too much attached to my PC and cell....I cant live without that and also my google account..Please do not hack it...I will die without it)
- usually associated with intellectual impairment.( I am in IT industry)
Need more proof of me being an autist. I think that you too must be thinking that what a weirdo. I too have similar symptoms. But then I never knew that I was a last stage case of this terrifying disorder.
Doesn't all this seem like another great American cynicism? Please leave us. We are just like that. Just let the kids be kids. They sometimes want to talk, jump, run or just watch their weird fav. shows. It’s not a disorder it’s just their personality. To top all this they say it’s induced by TV. Man they are just getting on my nerves. And there are two American freaks who have this to say though in a lighter sense
My theory: when it rains a lot, parents watch more TV, see more shows
about autism, and this leads them to seek out a diagnosis of autism for
their kids. They have the same kids; it is just that TV makes them
believe that their kids are autistic.
Gad save us from the weird research papers like this