Some tips and learning from cycling to work
For the past some days I have been cycling to work and overall its been a pleasant experience as yet. I thought I would share some of the learnings with this post. So here it goes in no particular order
1. Make sure your tyres have enough pressure in them. If it gets low, it will become difficult to ride it.
2. Make the seat position such that you can peddle on the full. It gives you more power and also prevents what’s called Biker’s Knee. By instinct we would like it such that our feet reach the ground easily. Never go by that.
3. Cycle fearlessly. Be on the left side of the road as much and possible, but never go to the extreme left. It might land you in trouble. You can surely take minor panga from the faster automobile users.
4. If in places like Bangalore, where you have too much ups and downs, keep trying different alternate routes so that you can take maximum advantage of the slope.
5. Dont wear headphone. You might not find out whats happening on the road. Sometimes I feel like the low sound making cars are better than ultra silent cars. You atleast realise if there one coming from behind.
6. In normal cycle brakes, sudden braking does not work well. It makes sense to gradually slow downhill by applying pulses of brakes rather than a constant one.
7. Cycle only if you are having fun doing it else it may become a burden on you.
Enjoy and happy cycling.